Ghana midfielder Kingsley Sarfo has been arrested and interrogated once again in Sweden on sex charges involving five underage girls.
It will be recalled that the Malmö FF player landed in deep waters last year on two separate incidents around the time he left IK Sirius for his current club.
Last summer, Sarfo was twice apprehended over a rape charge involving an underage girl before he got into another trouble for driving without license.
In the defilement cases, he was freed by the court which concluded that the evidence gathered was not enough to sentence him. Sarfo had acknowledged that he indeed had sex with the girl, but claimed it was voluntary and he thought she was over 15 years old.
This time, he has been indicted on sexual exploitation of five more girls under the age of 15, according to reports in the Swedish media.
One girl first lodged the fresh complaint in December last year and it escalated to five cases of rape. The incidents are suspected to have taken place in Stockholm and Uppsala between 1 March 2016 and 10 July 2017.
But after a few weeks of investigation, Kingsley Sarfo is now suspected of sex offenses against two people. The prosecutor even has Saturday [February 3] to decide if he will request for the once capped Black Stars player to be arrested for the new crime suspicions.
Malmö FF stated in a press release Wednesday night that it takes a very serious look at the crime suspicions and that the player, again, has been suspended.
“We have just been confirmed that the player has been arrested. Based on that perspective, we have shut down the player in Malmö FF,” said Niclas Carlnén, Managing Director of Malmö FF.
Kingsley Sarfo, who was initially suspended for several months, had just returned to Malmö FF group training few weeks ago.
Agitated club fans condemned officials for even allowing the player to train again.
“He [Kingsley Sarfo] is not a worthy representative of the club,” said Thelma Ernst, the leader of MFF supporters.
Sarfo could not join Malmö’s pre-season contingent to Florida in the USA on Monday, raising suspicion over his future with the club.