The Confederation of African Football (Caf) has announced that it will hold the draw for the group stage of the 2018 African Nations Championship (Chan) next month.
The draw ceremony for the 5th edition of the Championship will take place on Friday, 17th November 2017 in Rabat, Morocco, Caf said on its website.
The 2018 Chan scheduled from 12th January to 4th February in Morocco, in the cities of Agadir, Casablanca, Marrakech and Tangier, will bring together 16 national teams constituted of local based players.
A meeting of the Organizing Committee of Total CHAN, schedule for November 15th, still in Rabat, will decide on the draw procedures.
The Democratic Republic of Congo, winner of the last edition in Rwanda, will not defend its title because eliminated by its neighbor Congo. Qualified countries are:
– Morocco (host country)
– Egypt, Libya (Northern Zone)
– Uganda, Sudan (Central-East Zone)
– Cameroon, Congo, Equatorial Guinea (Central Zone)
– Guinea, Mauritania (West A Zone)
– Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria (West B Zone)
– Angola, Namibia, Zambia (South Zone)