The opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) has among other things promised to enact the Sports Bill when they are voted into power come 7th December 2016.
The NPP during its manifesto launch on Sunday 9th October mentioned some key areas on their agenda for the next four years for Sports to ensure its development.
Footy-ghana.com brings you the highlights:
1. Enact the comprehensive Sports Bill initiated under President Kufuor
2. Develop in partnership with the private sector, Youth Development & Sports Centres in all Regions. Each centre will house a fully-equipped library, ICT hub, social hall, multipurpose pitches and courts
3. Complete the construction of the University of Ghana stadium started by the Kufuor-led NPP government
4. Pursue the vision of providing modern multi-sport stadia for the regions currently without one, namely Brong Ahafo, Eastern, Upper East, Upper West and Volta
5. Establish three sports colleges in collaboration with the private sector
6. Develop a Youth in Sports module to support young sportsmen and women and to create job opportunities for them
7. Invest in a special Women-In-Sports programme to help unearth and support female athletes and sports talents across the country, and
8. Award scholarships to promising young athletes so they can develop in the best of environments.
Ghana will be going to the polls in December to elect a new President for the next four years.