Techiman City have been slapped with a GH¢7,000 fine for acts of misconducts in their heated GN Bank Division One League local derby with Eleven Wonders FC on June 25.
The former Ghana Premier League campaigners were hauled before the GFA Disciplinary Committee on two counts – a breach of Article 35(1b), 35(4), 35(7a&d) and 35(9) of the GFA General Regulations as supporters of the club attacked the match officials and one of them strangled the neck of the Centre Referee for two (2) minutes and in the process he lost his pen, watch, red and yellow cards also torn his shirt in violation of the GFA Regulations.
Also Techiman City were charged for a breach of Article 35(1a&b), 35(4), 35(7a&d) and 35(9) of the GFA General Regulations and Article 59 and 66(1&3) of the GFA Disciplinary Code in respect of this match.
The particulars of the offence read: In the 84th minute of play in the match between Techiman City and Eleven Wonders played in Techiman on 25th June 2017, your supporters jumped into the inner perimeter onto the field of play attacked and assaulted the centre referee in violation of the GFA Regulations.
After the DC examined the depositions in the Charge Sheet, the defence put up the club, the reports of the match officials and video of the match, the following decisions were made according to the ruling signed by Chairman of the Committee (A), Prosper Harrison Addo, Esq. on Friday, August 25, 2017:
- That the Committee having satisfied itself that the evidence adduced before it supports the Charge 1 against the club, the Committee hereby imposes a fine of Five Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢5000.00) on Techiman City FC in accordance with Article 39(1)(b) of the GFA General Regulations.
- That the Committee having satisfied itself that the evidence adduced before it supports the Charge 2 against the club, the Committee hereby imposes a fine of Two Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢2000.00) on Techiman City FC in accordance with Article 39(1)(b) of the GFA General Regulations.
- That the total amount Seven Thousand Ghana Cedis (GH¢7,000.00) stated Decisions 1 and 2 above are payable to the GFA within fourteen (14) days upon receipt of this Ruling, failing which Techiman City FC shall forfeit the club’s matches after the said deadline in accordance with Articles 39(8)(b) and 39(8)(d) of the First Amendment to the GFA General Regulations.
- That the GFA shall pay out of the fine in Decision 3 above, an amount of Seven Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHc700.00) to Referee Prince Amoah as compensation for his mistreatment by the supporters and his lost items.
- That Techiman City FC and the club supporters are hereby given a warning to be of good behaviour and that should the club be found guilty of any charge of misconduct, the Disciplinary Committee shall impose a more severe sanction against the club.
- That should any party be dissatisfied with or aggrieved by this Decision, the party has within three (3) days of being notified of this Ruling to appeal to the Appeals Committee (See Article 37(11) of the General Regulations of the GFA).